Weekly newsletter: Forty ounce rosé?
Last week's a blur. I decided to have a party on the roof of my apartment to take advantage of one of the few Spring like days (Am I the only one over this weather?). Between that and work, I don't remember much. I'm exhausted. I might have to take back this "everything shouldn't be a pot luck" thing. Just kidding, I'm not budging.
1. Well, I guess I should mention that my saga with the naked neighbor continued. It was 2:30am on Saturday morning and again music came blaring into my walls. I had this eureka moment where I realized that I had his number so I decided to call. First time, no answer. Second time, no answer. So I got up and headed out the door to go upstairs. That's when I realized the music was actually coming from the neighbor next to me. Eek! It's probably not a good thing to call someone at 2:30am when your last interaction involved them answering the door naked. He called me back around 11am as I was prepping some deviled eggs for the party. I didn't answer. I'm hoping he doesn't know it's me.
2. My number one party tip is to do a cheese/charcuterie board....and buy the cheese from Aldi. They have the BEST cheeses at a great price. There's a great variety and they're all amazing. Their meats are also good. Actually, there's a lot of interesting things that are perfect for a party. It's always my first stop. I don't really love their produce though. For that, I'll go to Whole Foods.
3. I bought a new set of white bowls for the party and I love them. I came across this article on eating from bowls and realized that it sums up my whole life. Food just tastes better in a bowl. I eat in a bowl every chance I get (and with chopsticks). And of course I love regular bowl belonging items like soups and porridges (specifically Jamaican ones). Is this just me?
4. My weekend was sponsored by Forty Ounce Rosé (not really, I just had a lot of it). Yes, that is indeed rose in a 40 oz bottle (well...technically the bottle is 33.8 ounces, but it has the shape). It's incredibly gimmicky and I loved every minute of it. It also helps that it tastes pretty good.
5. I had quite a few people (about 15) that couldn't make the gathering because of stress, anxiety and depression. I'm putting this in because I'm seeing it more and more and I think that media (social and traditional) as a lot to do with it. On one hand it's a lot of death, doom and disaster from news headlines and then on the other it's everyone living an amazing life on Instagram. Our brains can't absorb all this information and process it in a healthy way and I think it's doing more harm than people realize (I'm sure I've said this before). I'm happier and more at ease than I've ever been and I know it's because while I'm posting more on Instagram, I'm not scrolling as much. I also don't read much news anymore. I started making this shift eight months ago and it's had such an amazing impact on my mood and consequently my life. I'd recommend avoiding your phone for the first few hours of the day so that you can spent time with you and then your family or do like this guy and save news articles for a few days later. Or talk with a few people that are well informed about their industry and you'll get all the information that you need to know.
*Steps off soap box.
Hope you guys have a great week!